Updated September 10, 2020
At Kaiser Permanente, our main goal is to protect our members, their families, and our staff. In order to do this, we have implemented a new visitor policy at our medical centers and we kindly ask that you follow these guidelines for visiting a Kaiser Permanente medical center:
- Updated our visitor policy – No visitors or additional family members are allowed at this time. Only patients under 18 or those who require physical assistance* may bring one adult with them. Patients are welcome to use their cell phone while with their doctor/provider to have a caregiver or other family member/friend participate in the appointment.
- If you are 18 or under or require physical assistance, do not allow a guest who has a fever, cough, cold, or flu symptoms to accompany you.
- Keep a safe distance from other people (at least 6 feet away) in the waiting room and other open areas whenever possible
- Require masks be worn at all times in our medical centers (this includes physicians, staff, patients and visitors ages 2 and up). Please always do the following:
- Wash your hands.
- Cover your cough.
- Sneeze into a tissue or your elbow and then discard tissue and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
For more information on this policy or COVID-19 please visit kp.org.
*Patients who may need assistance include those who have physical, sensory, intellectual, developmental disabilities and/or cognitive impairments.