During the COVID-19 pandemic, many people put off taking care of themselves. There are understandable reasons why, including being overwhelmed with work responsibilities, worrying about finances, juggling childcare and feeling afraid to seek non-emergency medical care during a pandemic. Beyond…
With Kaiser Permanente’s integrated system, you have an extensive team of doctors, nurses, and other professionals who work hand-in-hand from the moment you’re diagnosed until you complete your treatment. Our oncologists and care teams are experienced in a comprehensive range of the most up-to-date treatments and can help you make choices about your care along the way that are right for you and your family. And your care is customized to meet your unique needs — you and your family are active participants in all decisions about treatments and surgeries.
Our experienced physicians, integrated services, and advanced treatments and technology provide the foundation of cancer care that everyone deserves.
Regular recommended screenings are key to catching cancer at a time when treatments are less invasive and cure rates higher.
- Kaiser Permanente leads all commercial health plans in the Mid-Atlantic area in screening for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer
- We recommend the type and frequency of mammograms and pap tests for cervical cancer based on your family history, personal history, and age
- Members age 50 and older receive easy-to-use colorectal screening kits to use at home
- Physicians make sure their patients have all recommended vaccines and screenings, including the cancer-preventing HPV vaccine for adolescents
- Precision medicine allows us to use genetic information to help predict and prevent cancer
We use the newest technology to detect breast cancer as thoroughly and quickly as possible:
- 2D mammograms
- 3D mammograms for those with dense breast tissue
- Breast ultrasounds
- Breast MRIs
For your convenience we offer:
- Walk-in mammograms (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) and results can be ready in 30 to 60 minutes
- Immediate action upon diagnosis
- Biopsies often scheduled that same day
- Same-day interventional radiology (X-ray, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, CAT scan, MRI)
A personalized treatment plan and access to the most advanced cancer treatments
Should you or a family member receive a cancer diagnosis, the specialists on your Kaiser Permanente team will develop a comprehensive treatment plan based on your unique needs. Using the latest advancements in imaging, radiation, chemotherapy, and surgery, they will assess and treat the cancer, while helping you make the choices about your care that are right for you and your family.
No matter the treatment plan, you’ll have access to the most advanced cancer treatments, including precision medicine to target treatments based on your genetic makeup:
- Breast lumpectomies using the newest tools available
- Chemotherapy, with the latest drugs, regimens, and combinations
- Infusion therapy
- Interventional radiology procedures, such as microwave ablation
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Radiation seed placement
- Reconstructive surgeries
At Kaiser Permanente, we take a 360-degree approach to your care from prevention and screening through treatment and wellness.
To learn more about cancer care at Kaiser Permanente, click here.
Do you sometimes feel too busy? Like there aren’t enough hours in the day? Kaiser Permanente is here for you. That’s why we offer Prescription Home Delivery. It’s an easy way to get most of your prescriptions delivered fast (within…
Sleep is essential for our overall health. It gives our mind and body time to relax and recharge. Studies show that getting 7 to 8 hours of regular nighttime sleep is best for maintaining good health.1 But what happens when you…
Back-to-school time is often ripe with nerves and anxiety as parents and children alike adjust to new routines. But this year promises to be more challenging given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and given that many children haven't stepped foot in…
If you’ve been to a chain grocery store lately, you might have seen a long aisle of vitamins and supplements near the pharmacy. It makes sense: There are over 90,000 different supplements available in the United States,1 and 76% of adults take at…