The CDC now recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings, so it’s important protect yourself and others when you leave home for groceries or other essential items.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before you put on, touch, or take off your mask.
- Use the ties or loops to put your mask on and take it off.
- Cover your mouth, nose bridge, and chin.
- Keep your hands away from your face and head while wearing the mask.
- Touch your mask or face without first using soap and water for 20 seconds, or alcohol-based hand sanitizer until hands are dry.
- Pull the front of the mask up or down to talk, breathe, or eat—assume the front is contaminated.
For the full list of tips, click here.