Do you sometimes feel too busy? Like there aren't enough hours in the day? Kaiser Permanente is here for you. That's why we offer Prescription Home Delivery! It's an easy way to get most of your prescriptions delivered right to…
Kaiser Permanente is committed to total health for all—in mind, body, and spirit—so we’re a natural supporter of Mental Health Awareness Month, which has been observed in the U.S. since May of 1949.
Our integrated care model makes it easy for patients to access high-quality care, when and where they need it. This includes mental health care, which strives to give our patients the right tools and treatments to cope with mental health issues and live well.
Thanks to our coordinated, accessible care, our members can:
- See a therapist or psychiatrist without a referral
- Schedule no-cost video visits for follow-up appointments from the convenience of their homes
- Call or email their doctor’s office anytime, and usually receive a response within 24 hours
- Access emergency care 24/7, either in person at select Kaiser Permanente Urgent Care centers or by phone through our nurse advice line
Kaiser Permanente is committed to leading the nation in the delivery of mental health care, and we continue to make advancements to better serve our members. In the past few years, we’ve more than doubled the size of our highly trained teams of therapists and psychiatrists and equipped them with evidence-based tools to improve diagnosis and outcomes. We also launched the Zero Suicide Project with the goal of eliminating suicides and providing early intervention for those at risk.
We are always working to provide our members with new programs and resources, so they have the support they need to live well. These include:
- Chemical Dependency Recovery Program: offers therapy, education, and community support for those struggling with addition.
- Intensive Outpatient Program: enables patients to live in the comfort of their own homes while they receive intensive treatment in our facilities, rather than checking into an inpatient psychiatric hospital.
- Regional Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) Evaluation Center: provides new patients with both a comprehensive evaluation and treatment plan in one visit.
In addition, we have expanded our treatment options to ensure that each of our members receives the best possible care for their personal health. These treatments include:
- Electroconvulsive therapy for severe depression
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation to address chronic and treatment-resistant depression
- Suboxone Induction and Treatment for opioid use disorders
At Kaiser Permanente, our psychiatrists, therapists, and collective health care team are always innovating to improve our care delivery. Both during and after Mental Health Awareness Month, we’ll continue to demonstrate our commitment to total health for all—in mind, body, and spirit.
To learn more, visit kp.org/mentalhealth.
Cuando la vida le exige demasiado, y cuando las horas del día no alcanzan, es fácil hacer a un lado las cosas que le ayudan a estar más saludable. Kaiser Permanente está aquí para ayudarlo. ¡Es por eso que ofrecemos…
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted everyone's day-to-day lives. One of those ways, is many people are working from home more than ever before. Without a normal desk set-up, some people may experience sore and painful muscles. Kaiser Permanente Mid-Atlantic physical…
There has never been a more important time to take control of your heart health. February is American Heart Month, a chance to raise awareness about heart disease but also a chance for you to start making healthy changes—and choices—to…