Summer is almost here, and so is National Sunglasses Day. It’s about that time of year to get outside and start enjoying the sunshine. That means keeping your eyes safe. With great discounts on sunglasses from Vision Essentials, you can…
Make the New Year your “you” year
With the beginning of each new year comes the opportunity to start fresh. That may mean you’re ready to make a big change in your life—perhaps quit smoking, lose weight, exercise more, start meal planning, or maybe just focus a little more on self-care. No matter your goal, Kaiser Permanente offers resources and tools that can help you stick to your New Year’s resolutions.
Want to quit smoking?
Along with these additional tips, start small and set goals—and make sure you ask for support from family, friends, and your doctor.
- Visit kp.org/quitsmoking for tools and information to help you quit tobacco use.
- Go to kp.org/listen for inspirational podcasts.
- Work with a wellness coach* to create a customized plan for quitting.
- Ask your doctor about the Emmi® smoking cessation program.
Trying to lose weight?
Make exercise and nutrition fun rather than tedious by finding a workout buddy or enlisting your entire family to exercise and eat healthy meals with you.
- Visit kp.org/weight for resources to help you manage your weight, including a BMI calculator to determine your risk for weight-related conditions.
- Check out kp.org/listen for podcasts on how to lose weight.
- Participate in an online Nutrition for Weight Control class—visit kp.org to make an appointment.
- Work with a wellness coach* to create a customized plan to help you lose weight.
- Ask your doctor about Emmi® programs that can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Planning to eat healthier?
Plan healthy meals and snacks for the entire week and create a list before you go grocery shopping so you don’t buy junk food on impulse.
- Visit kp.org/nutrition for tips on eating well.
- Work with a wellness coach* to create a customized plan to help you eat healthier.
Interested in being more active?
Exercise can be anything that involves movement—walk around the block during lunch, or take a class at the gym a few times a week to get your heart rate up. Encourage friends and family to get active with you.
- Visit kp.org/fitness for tools to help you stay active.
- Work with a wellness coach* to create a customized plan to help you exercise more.
Need to reduce stress?
Use resources (online or otherwise) to help determine the cause of your stress, then find ways to minimize it.
- Visit kp.org/listen to download podcasts about relaxation and stress management.
- Work with a wellness coach* to create a customized plan for reducing stress.
Start the year off right by taking advantage of the resources that Kaiser Permanente offers to help you follow through on your resolutions. Learn more about how you can reach your goals for 2020.
*Wellness coaching is available at no additional charge to Kaiser Permanente members. Call 866-862-4295, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. to make an appointment.
Kaiser Permanente has easy ways to get the prescriptions you need, when, and where it works best for you. At Kaiser Permanente, it’s easy to get in, get out, and get on with your day. Learn more below about the…
If you’re having difficulty hearing, you may be missing the sounds that make life special. And you may not know where turn for help. First, realize you’re not alone—millions of Americans have hearing loss. Second, consider that better hearing starts…
On kp.org, you can request your personal health record with all your health information, as well as forms like FMLA certifications, immunization status, doctor’s notes for absences from work or school, and more. Simply follow the instructions below to access,…
Lab tests play an important role in your health—they help your doctor make treatment decisions and monitor your care. For your convenience, Kaiser Permanente laboratory locations are available throughout the region, with many open early and some open on weekends…