Do you sometimes feel too busy? Like there aren't enough hours in the day? Kaiser Permanente is here for you. That's why we offer Prescription Home Delivery! It's an easy way to get most of your prescriptions delivered right to…
Make the New Year your “you” year
With the beginning of each new year comes the opportunity to start fresh. That may mean you’re ready to make a big change in your life—perhaps quit smoking, lose weight, exercise more, start meal planning, or maybe just focus a little more on self-care. No matter your goal, Kaiser Permanente offers resources and tools that can help you stick to your New Year’s resolutions.
Want to quit smoking?
Along with these additional tips, start small and set goals—and make sure you ask for support from family, friends, and your doctor.
- Visit kp.org/quitsmoking for tools and information to help you quit tobacco use.
- Go to kp.org/listen for inspirational podcasts.
- Work with a wellness coach* to create a customized plan for quitting.
- Ask your doctor about the Emmi® smoking cessation program.
Trying to lose weight?
Make exercise and nutrition fun rather than tedious by finding a workout buddy or enlisting your entire family to exercise and eat healthy meals with you.
- Visit kp.org/weight for resources to help you manage your weight, including a BMI calculator to determine your risk for weight-related conditions.
- Check out kp.org/listen for podcasts on how to lose weight.
- Participate in an online Nutrition for Weight Control class—visit kp.org to make an appointment.
- Work with a wellness coach* to create a customized plan to help you lose weight.
- Ask your doctor about Emmi® programs that can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Planning to eat healthier?
Plan healthy meals and snacks for the entire week and create a list before you go grocery shopping so you don’t buy junk food on impulse.
- Visit kp.org/nutrition for tips on eating well.
- Work with a wellness coach* to create a customized plan to help you eat healthier.
Interested in being more active?
Exercise can be anything that involves movement—walk around the block during lunch, or take a class at the gym a few times a week to get your heart rate up. Encourage friends and family to get active with you.
- Visit kp.org/fitness for tools to help you stay active.
- Work with a wellness coach* to create a customized plan to help you exercise more.
Need to reduce stress?
Use resources (online or otherwise) to help determine the cause of your stress, then find ways to minimize it.
- Visit kp.org/listen to download podcasts about relaxation and stress management.
- Work with a wellness coach* to create a customized plan for reducing stress.
Start the year off right by taking advantage of the resources that Kaiser Permanente offers to help you follow through on your resolutions. Learn more about how you can reach your goals for 2020.
*Wellness coaching is available at no additional charge to Kaiser Permanente members. Call 866-862-4295, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. to make an appointment.
Cuando la vida le exige demasiado, y cuando las horas del día no alcanzan, es fácil hacer a un lado las cosas que le ayudan a estar más saludable. Kaiser Permanente está aquí para ayudarlo. ¡Es por eso que ofrecemos…
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted everyone's day-to-day lives. One of those ways, is many people are working from home more than ever before. Without a normal desk set-up, some people may experience sore and painful muscles. Kaiser Permanente Mid-Atlantic physical…
There has never been a more important time to take control of your heart health. February is American Heart Month, a chance to raise awareness about heart disease but also a chance for you to start making healthy changes—and choices—to…