Summer is almost here, and so is National Sunglasses Day. It’s about that time of year to get outside and start enjoying the sunshine. That means keeping your eyes safe. With great discounts on sunglasses from Vision Essentials, you can…
Is this your year to lose a few pounds? Many people select losing weight as a goal for the new year. Whether you are ready to act or still deciding, these tips can help you get started and stay on track.
Eat a healthful diet
- Eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Eat at least half of your starch choices from whole grains.
- Limit your intake of high calorie, low nutrient foods, such as sweets, chips, and alcohol.
- Replace soda and juice with water.
Aim for gradual weight loss. Losing one to two pounds per week is realistic. Measure progress
- How your clothes fit.
- Inches lost.
- How you feel.
- Set realistic goals.
- Avoid making vows of always or never.
- Curtail binges as soon as you can. Do not let guilt cause you to keep eating.
- Focus on progress, not failure.
Seek support from others
- Ask family members and friends to help you.
- Talk to others with the same concerns. Join a weight management program or support group.
For more tips for a healthier you, click here.
Kaiser Permanente has easy ways to get the prescriptions you need, when, and where it works best for you. At Kaiser Permanente, it’s easy to get in, get out, and get on with your day. Learn more below about the…
If you’re having difficulty hearing, you may be missing the sounds that make life special. And you may not know where turn for help. First, realize you’re not alone—millions of Americans have hearing loss. Second, consider that better hearing starts…
On kp.org, you can request your personal health record with all your health information, as well as forms like FMLA certifications, immunization status, doctor’s notes for absences from work or school, and more. Simply follow the instructions below to access,…
Lab tests play an important role in your health—they help your doctor make treatment decisions and monitor your care. For your convenience, Kaiser Permanente laboratory locations are available throughout the region, with many open early and some open on weekends…