Do you sometimes feel too busy? Like there aren't enough hours in the day? Kaiser Permanente is here for you. That's why we offer Prescription Home Delivery! It's an easy way to get most of your prescriptions delivered right to…
Is this your year to lose a few pounds? Many people select losing weight as a goal for the new year. Whether you are ready to act or still deciding, these tips can help you get started and stay on track.
Eat a healthful diet
- Eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Eat at least half of your starch choices from whole grains.
- Limit your intake of high calorie, low nutrient foods, such as sweets, chips, and alcohol.
- Replace soda and juice with water.
Aim for gradual weight loss. Losing one to two pounds per week is realistic. Measure progress
- How your clothes fit.
- Inches lost.
- How you feel.
- Set realistic goals.
- Avoid making vows of always or never.
- Curtail binges as soon as you can. Do not let guilt cause you to keep eating.
- Focus on progress, not failure.
Seek support from others
- Ask family members and friends to help you.
- Talk to others with the same concerns. Join a weight management program or support group.
For more tips for a healthier you, click here.
Cuando la vida le exige demasiado, y cuando las horas del día no alcanzan, es fácil hacer a un lado las cosas que le ayudan a estar más saludable. Kaiser Permanente está aquí para ayudarlo. ¡Es por eso que ofrecemos…
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted everyone's day-to-day lives. One of those ways, is many people are working from home more than ever before. Without a normal desk set-up, some people may experience sore and painful muscles. Kaiser Permanente Mid-Atlantic physical…
There has never been a more important time to take control of your heart health. February is American Heart Month, a chance to raise awareness about heart disease but also a chance for you to start making healthy changes—and choices—to…