Whether you’re going for a weekend getaway or a month-long stay, you’ll enjoy the journey more when you feel your best. Here are a few easy ways to keep wellness a priority as you plan a great trip.
Check in with us before you go
- Your doctor can help you take care of any routine care needs—like checkups and flu shots—before you start your travels, and assist you with managing a chronic condition during your trip.
- It’s important to make sure your immunizations are up to date, especially if you’re leaving the country. Talk to your doctor about any additional immunizations you may need.
- You’ll want to refill your prescriptions, including contact lenses. Be sure to order refills at least 1 to 2 weeks before you’ll need them.
Pack wisely for wellness
- Carry your Kaiser Permanente ID card, which has important phone numbers on the back. (If you’ve lost your card, order a new one before your trip.)
- Pack the phone number for your doctor’s office, along with a printed summary of your online medical record.
- Keep important medicines in your carry-on bag, not your checked baggage, in case your luggage gets lost. And so they’re easily identified, keep your medications in their original packages.
- Take a first aid kit. Talk to your doctor about what contents may be useful depending on where and how long you plan to travel and the medical care available at your destination.
Keep in touch
- Register on kp.org so you can access your medical record and email your doctor—anytime, anywhere.
- Get the Kaiser Permanente app (for iPhone® and Android™ ) for on-the-go travel support.1
When it comes to having a happy travel experience—and returning home in one piece—a little planning can make a big difference. Kaiser Permanente can help, so no matter where you go, save the Away from Home Travel Line number to your phone so it’s easy to find: 951-268-3900 (TTY 711).2 Our travel team can help you 24/7 with questions about health coverage, care, and claims. Happy landings!
1Apple, iPhone, and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play, the Google Play logo, and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.
2This number can be dialed inside and outside the United States. Before the phone number, dial 001 for landlines, or +1 for mobile lines if you’re outside the country. Long-distance charges may apply, and we can’t accept collect calls. The phone line is closed on major holidays (New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas). It closes early the day before a holiday at 10 p.m. Pacific time (PT), and it reopens the day after a holiday at 4 a.m. PT.