As the region’s leading integrated health system,1 Kaiser Permanente gives you the control you want through our on-demand care delivery options. These give you quick and convenient access to your health care at all times, so that you can customize it for your life and schedule.
Between online, mobile, and in-person care delivery options, you’re empowered to get the care you need, when you need it—and always on your terms.
With care on demand, you can:
- Access your medical history, certain lab test results, and more anytime at org.
- Schedule appointments, order prescriptions, and more online.
- Manage health care on the go with the KP smartphone app.
- Have doctor’s appointments in person, by phone, or via video visit.2
- Make same- or next-day doctor’s appointments that fit your schedule.
- Get text alerts to stay on top of appointments and prescriptions.
- Order prescriptions for home delivery with Mail Order Pharmacy.3
- Collect medical data anywhere using remote monitoring devices, saving trips to the lab.
Balance work and life
- Call our 24/7 nurse advice line anytime, even during your lunch break.
- Email caregivers and expect a response usually within 48 hours.
Access care away from home
- Visit 900 MinuteClinics outside of our service areas for standard urgent care services.
- Visit any urgent or emergency care center whenever necessary, even when traveling outside the United States.
All of our convenient care delivery options are built directly into our integrated health system, which keeps you informed and in charge of your health care at all times. This leads to more convenient, connected, and personalized care—and better outcomes.
Explore our full suite of on-demand care delivery options at kp.org/careondemand.
1In the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) 2018–2019 Health Insurance Plan Ratings, Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States’ commercial and Medicare health plans are rated among the top 1% in the nation, receiving 5 out of 5 stars. The 2019 Commission on Cancer, a program of the American College of Surgeons, granted Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation to the Kaiser Permanente cancer care program. The Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group is the largest medical group in the Washington, DC, and Baltimore areas and exclusively treats Kaiser Permanente members. Permanente doctors are recognized as Top Doctors in Washingtonian magazine (2018), Northern Virginia Magazine (2019), Baltimore magazine (2018), and Washington Consumers’ CHECKBOOK magazine (2018). According to NCQA’s Quality Compass® 2018, we lead Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC, in the following categories: colorectal screening, breast cancer screening, childhood immunizations combo 9, cervical cancer screening, and timeliness of prenatal and postpartum care for women. Quality Compass is a registered trademark of the NCQA.
2Video visits are available to Kaiser Permanente members who have a camera-equipped computer or mobile device and are registered at kp.org. You must be present in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, for visits with your primary care physician or behavioral health provider. For urgent video visits with an emergency doctor, you may also be present in West Virginia, Florida, North Carolina, or Pennsylvania. For certain medical or mental health conditions. For video visits with a behavioral health provider, appointments can be scheduled for follow-up care.
3 Some medications are not eligible for Mail Order Pharmacy. Mail Order Pharmacy can mail to addresses in VA, MD, DC and certain locations outside of the service area.