Kaiser Permanente’s highest priority is the safety of our members and staff. To flatten the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic, we temporarily limited some of services, including elective surgeries. But as restrictions lift in local communities and businesses begin to reopen, we’re taking steps to resume full medical center operations.
We are beginning to reach out to members to schedule elective surgeries and procedures like endoscopies. For questions about elective surgeries and how to schedule them, call Member Services at 800-777-7904 (TTY 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
As we begin to welcome members back to our facilities, we want you to know everything we are doing to keep you safe.
To ensure the continued safety of our members and staff, our infectious disease experts are working closely with public health authorities to develop best practices for suppressing COVID-19. With the help of these experts, we will continue to observe physical distancing guidelines and other precautionary measures in our facilities.
- Greeters will welcome and prescreen everyone who enters our medical centers.
- All visitors must wear a mask for the duration of their visit. We will provide masks where necessary.
- Hand sanitizing locations are stationed throughout each of our facilities.
- Signs and floor markers will help maintain physical distancing guidelines.
- Appointments will be scheduled farther apart so that patients will be less likely to encounter each other.
We also have strict cleaning procedures in place:
- All facility surfaces are regularly disinfected, including reception desks, waiting rooms, exam rooms, and the pharmacy and laboratory.
- Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected as well, including door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, soap dispensers, and ledges.
Exam rooms and equipment are thoroughly disinfected between each patient, including deep terminal cleaning as necessary.