As the new year gets underway, we want to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Kaiser Permanente for your health care and to give you some exciting news.
We are proud to share that Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States was recently awarded Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation by the Commission on Cancer for the outstanding, coordinated cancer care our physicians and nurses provide. This year, we were also the only health plan out of more than 1,000 plans rated across the country to receive the highest ratings for our Private, Medicare, and Medicaid plans from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
There is nothing more important to us than providing you with the highest quality, most coordinated care. We continue to create new tools to make it easier for you to conveniently get the care you need.
Did you know…?
- All your providers have access to your electronic medical records and know when you’re due for important preventive screenings and tests, even if you might forget.
- Your personal physician can schedule lab tests and X-rays, order prescriptions, and make specialty appoints-all while you are in the exam room.
- Your primary care doctor collaborates wit your specialists on your care.
- You can quickly get your test results and email your doctor on org.
- You can order prescription refills online or by phone and receive them at your home at no extra cost. No need to stand in line.
- When you’re sick, you can choose how you want to receive care, such as via phone, in person, or through a video visit with your doctor. Your personal physician is always willing to address your concerns, discuss tests, review your medications, or understand personal or emotional issues you may have.
We thank you again for the trust you’ve placed in Kaiser Permanente. It’s our privilege to be your partner in health. If you ever have any questions, please call Member Services at 1-800-777-7902 (TTY 711). Representatives are available Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. (except holidays).
Wishing you a healthy, happy 2019!
 Out of more than 1,000 health plans evaluated this year, Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States’ Private, Medicare and Medicaid plans in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia, all received the highest possible rating (5 out of 5) from the NCQA.
 Video visits are available to Kaiser Permanente members who have a camera-equipped computer or mobile device and are registered at kp.org. You must be present in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, for visits with your primary care physician or mental health provider. For urgent video visits with an emergency doctor, you may also be present in West Virginia, Florida, North Carolina, or Pennsylvania. For certain medical or mental health conditions. For video visits with a mental health provider, appointments can be scheduled for follow-up care.