Sometimes you have a minor health concern, and you don’t have time for a medical appointment. Or you want a doctor to help your care for the condition on your own, which can help you save money. For these situations and others, a Kaiser Permanente e-visit is a quick, easy way to get the answers you need.
Unlike a typical in-person visit, e-visits are done online without an appointment, so you can start one nearly any time. And it’s as easy as telling us what’s wrong and answering some quick questions about your symptoms.
Available from 8 a.m. to midnight ET every day, e-visits are great for nonemergency circumstances, such as:
- Sinus symptoms
- Urinary symptoms
- Eye irritation or discharge
- Scheduling a COVID-19 PCR test (via nasal swab)
- Scheduling a COVID-19 antibody test (to see if you’ve had the virus in the past)
Getting started is as easy as 1-2-3
- Go to our e-visits page or use the Kaiser Permanente app.
- Answer a quick series of questions about your symptoms and concerns.
- Get personalized care advice/treatment from a physician—usually within 2 hours.
If a prescribed medication is recommended, you’ll receive a prescription from a clinician via secure email during regular business hours. And your e-visit responses become part of your secure electronic health record, helping to ensure better, easier, and safer follow-up care.